Waldemar Januszczak Art Documentaries
Januszczak has an approach that includes wonder without the glitz of the modern made for TV docudramas. He’s refreshing and educational. Bravo!
Waldemar Januszczak is Britain’s most distinguished art critic.
…. Formerly the art critic of The Guardian, he now writes for The Sunday Times
Waldemar has been making television art films for many years, as both presenter and director. Since 1997, he has run his own production company ZCZ Films. His films include:
Picasso: Magic, Sex And Death (Channel 4, 2000), by the artist’s friend and biographer, John Richardson
The Michelangelo Code: Lost Secrets of the Sistine Chapel (Channel 4, 2005)
Vincent: The Full Story (Channel 4, 2004)
Gauguin: The Full Story (Channel 4, 2005)
Toulouse-Lautrec: The Full Story (Channel 4, 2006)
Paradise Found (Channel 4, 2005), a pictorial history of Islamic art
The Truth About Art (Channel 4, 1998)
Every Picture Tells a Story (Channel 5, 2003/4)
- Velazquez at the National Gallery
- Sunday Times art critic, Waldemar Januszczak, presents an exciting vodcast on the Velazquez exhibition at the National Gallery in London.
- Waldemar Januszczak at Kenwood House
- Waldemar Januszczak takes us round one of London's best kept secrets - the newly restored Kenwood House and its magnificent art collection.
- How to drink absinthe
- Waldemar Januszczak demonstrates the correct way to drink absinthe; a drink much loved by the Parisian art world. This an extract from Toulouse-Lautre...
- Waldemar Januszczak on Ron Mueck
- Waldemar Januszczak takes us through the fascinating, and eerily realistic sculpture of Australian artist Ron Mueck.
- Waldemar Januszczak on Raphael
- As a prelude to their display alongside the Cartoons used to create them at the V&A in September, Raphael's famous tapestries were hung in the Sistine...